Sunday, April 10, 2011

It started here

How delicious, to share the adventures and misadventures of a wanna be Jessica Fletcher. Of course it didn't start out that way. I was just born with a great sense of imagination and a penchant for drama. I had a ready audience with my 7 younger siblings, and my story telling was known far and wide. There was no shortage of drama in our lives and I feasted on it. I wove it skillfully in the art of living; pleading my case, defending the indefensible and bringing tears to the recipients of my never ending 'situations'.  Ironically I have had numerous "situations" all my life, and my ability to see a story in every situation has served me well. Hence my blog. I will be telling all how I spun straw into gold, traveled the Himalaya's as a full fledged coward, married a "foreigner" and lived a life of intrigue.
Before I sound too full of myself let me recount the memory of a wedding of a younger sister. We were all sitting around a table recalling our childhood with great relish. I suggested that we remember something about each sibling. I was the eldest, the most loving, compassionate and giving of them all and could not wait to have the accolades heaped upon me. I let the youngest start and as she went around the table remembering something nice about everyone when she came to me she struggled. "You ate the cookies in my lunch box." I let a nervous smile form on my lips. As the banter went on I learned that I had physically thrown one brother against the parlor window, let a sibling take the blame for my crime (finishing the cookies probably) and made them all play a part in my deftly scripted plays. I shrank down in that chair as a very different version of me came to light. It was not one of my better ideas.

1 comment:

  1. An imagination is a gift - it is a joy to be treated to your reminising

    ReplyDelete