Sunday, January 31, 2021

An Anatomy Lesson

If you didn't like or even take anatomy in school, I'll bet your being schooled now. You are learning about every little joint and bone that has made it's presence felt. You are spending more and more time on Web M.D. and becoming a semi professional on the ailments that assault us in 'The Club'! From twangs to pangs, from limps to slips, from gait to weight, your learning it all. I remember that song my dad used to sing: “and the hip bone is connected to the knee bone and ***”. I wish I had paid closer attention since all my bones are screaming daily. I never really wanted to know what lay beneath that vast covering called skin. It was what you don't see is fine with me. Well now through the advent of x-rays, cat scans and the likes I'm seeing, and it ain't pretty. I long for the days when the doctor took care of business and didn't list the risks involved. You just trusted him or her and went on your merry way. Now I am sure there are many who disagree and want to know all the facts to make an informed decision. I am not one of them. I like the bubble I'm in and prefer to stay in it.  Unfortunately my body keeps telling me to "Pay Attention:. Bah humbug.!

No comments:

Post a Comment