Tuesday, October 9, 2018

One Last Try

I have been blessed or maybe not, by a man who never gives up on a broken object. As long back as my memories go he dedicates himself to repair the repairable, rescue the refuse, patch the pathetic, remake, remold, and reincarnate. Think of all the money he saves, you say. Ha, think again. Add to this equation that he too, is in the 70's Club. How many trips to Lowe's and Home Depot, how many return trip to Lowe's and Home Depot, does it take to make the solution more expensive than the object being repaired? If I am whining, your right. This is a time when I prefer to pay for the privilege of repair men, or new appliances. Let the young whipper snappers take up the torch. Instead I am tortured. He still thinks he is the young whipper snapper. I look for the humor in this. He is saving money for my old age, but I am already old. He gets satisfaction out of a job well done. Who says it's well done. If you have a handy dandy living with you let's start another club; You name it.

1 comment:

  1. The Art of working something out to completion.and feeding his curious nature. . Tinkerer.Thinkerer.”.that he is. “😊

    ReplyDelete